by Jürgen Graf
OH, WHAT A TANGLED WEB WE WEAVE…
If we make a careful examination of the statements and numbers offered by the orthodox historians over the decades, it becomes obvious that there is hopeless confusion, and that the official version of the Holocaust has been constantly evolving. This is reminiscent of the manner in which the facts are constantly rewritten by Party officials in George Orwell’s novel of the century “1984”. The following are a few remarkable examples:
The number of Auschwitz victims
Let us begin with the Auschwitz death statistics (1). The following are the deaths in the largest of the concentration camps:
– 9 million people, according to the film Nuit et Brouillard (2);
– 8 million people, according to the report of the French Office for the Investigation of War Crimes (3);
– 7 million people, according to Jewish former inmate Raphael Feigelsohn (4);
– 6 million people, according to Jewish publisher Tibere Kremer (5);
– 5 million people, including 4.5 Jews, according to Le Monde of 20 April 1978;
– 4 million people, according to the Nuremberg Tribunal (6);
– 3.5 million gassing victims, of whom 95% were Jews, and “many” who died of other causes, according to the Jewish film director Claude Lanzmann (7);
– 3 million people, including 2.5 gassing victims, by 1 December 1943 alone, according to the confession of the first Auschwitz commandant Rudolf Hoess (8);
– 2.5 million people, according to the Jewish ex-inmate Rudolf Vrba (9);
– 2 to 3 million murdered Jews as well as thousands of non-Jews according to the confession of SS Man Pery Broad (10);
– 1.5 to 3.5 million gassed Jews just between April 1942 and April 1944, according to the Israeli “Holocaust expert” Yehuda Bauer in 1982 (11);
– 2 million gassed Jews according to Lucy Dawidowicz (12);
– 1.6 million people, including 1,352,980 Jews, according to Yehuda Bauer in 1989 (13);
– 1.5 million people, according to the Polish government in 1995 (14);
– approximately 1.25 million people, including 1 million Jews, according to Raul Hilberg (15);
– 1 to 1.5 million people, according to Jean-Claude Pressac in 1989 (16);
– 800,000 to 900,000 people, according to the Jewish historian Gerald Reitlinger (17);
– 775,000 to 800,000 people, including 630,000 gassed Jews, according to Jean-Claude Pressac in 1993 (18);
– 630,000 to 710,000 people, including 470,000 to 550,000 Jews, according to Jean-Claude Pressac in 1994 (19).
It will be noted that the number of victims is constantly being revised downwards. But the total number of 5 to 6 million Holocaust victims never changes! You can subtract hundreds of thousands, even millions, from the 5 to 6 million, and the final total is always the same! That’s Holocaust mathematics!
To which document, to what discovery of mass graves do the exterminationists refer in their wildly divergent numbers of victims? None! All the figures given above are pure fantasy, without any reference to documented realities at Auschwitz. Revisionist estimates run to approximately 150,000 victims (according to Robert Faurisson) or 160,000 to 170,000 victims (according to Carlo Mattogno) — without any gassings. This still amounts to 40% of all inmates registered at Auschwitz. Epidemic disease, chiefly typhus, were the main cause of the terribly high death toll at Auschwitz.
Soap of Jewish fat
In the Nuremberg Trial, it was claimed by the Soviets that the Germans had manufactured fat out of murder victims (20). This childish horror story has haunted the world press for decades, like the Loch Ness monster. It has been decked out with poetic mastery by Simon Wiesenthal (21).
“During the last weeks of March (1946), the Romanian press reported an unusual piece of news: in the small Romanian city of Folticini, 20 boxes of soap were buried in the Jewish cemetery with full ceremony and complete funeral rites. This soap had been found recently in a former German army depot. On the boxes were the initials RIF ‘pure Jewish fat’. These boxes were destined for the Waffen SS. The wrapping paper revealed with completely cynical objectivity that this soap was manufactured from Jewish bodies. Surprisingly, the thorough Germans forgot to describe whether the soap was produced from children, girls, men or elderly persons… After 1942, people in the General Gouvernement knew quite well what the RIF meant. The civilized world may not believe the joy with which the Nazis and their women in the General Gouvernement thought of this soap. In each piece of soap they say a Jew who had been magically put there, and had they been prevented from growing into a second Freud, Ehrlich, or Einstein… The burial of this soap in a Romanian village may be reminiscent of the supernatural. The bewitched suffering contained in this small object of everyday utility shatters the already-hardened human heart of the 20th century. In the Atomic Age, the return of the darkest witch’s cauldron of the Middle Ages may appear ghostly. And yet it is the truth!”
In 1990, an Israeli Holocaust expert by the name of Shmul Krakowski admitted that the Jewish fat story was a legend. He then added, with limitless chutzpa, that the Germans were responsible for inventing this fairy tale just to torment the Jews (22). The principle, of course, is: “the Germans are always guilty”.
A Potpourri of Nazi extermination methods
If we trace the evolution of the Holocaust yarn over the years since 1942, we stumble across one surprise after the other. In particular, innumerable methods of mass killing of which there is not the slightest mention in the later literature, are described in the most graphic detail, particularly:
a) pneumatic hammers
This method is described as follows in a report of the Polish resistance movement on Auschwitz (23):
“When the Kommandos went to work, they led them into the courtyard in the penal company where the executions took place by means of a ‘pneumatic hammer’. They bound the prisoners’ hands together behind their backs and brought them in, one after the other, naked, into the courtyard. They placed them in front of the barrel of an air gun, which was discharged without a sound. The hammer crushed the skull, and the compressed air destroyed the entire brain.”
b) electric baths
As reported by the Polish resistance movement, the following method was also commonly used in Auschwitz (24):
“According to the report of an SS officer, the number of victims in the electrical chambers amounted, unofficially, to 2,500 per night. The executions took place in electrical baths…”
c) electrical assembly line killing
Another variant was described by Pravda on 2 February, five days after the liberation of Auschwitz:
“They (the Germans) opened up the so-called ‘old graves’ in the eastern part of the camp, removed the bodies, and wiped out the trace of the assembly line killing installation where hundreds of people were killed simultaneously with electrical current.”
d) atomic bombs
At the Nuremberg Trial, US prosecutor Robert Jackson made the following accusation (25):
“A village, a small village was provisionally erected, with temporary structures, and in it approximately 20,000 Jews were put. By means of this newly invented weapon of destruction, these 20,000 people were eradicated almost instantaneously, and in such a way that there was no trace left of them; the explosive used developing temperatures of from four to five hundred degrees Centigrade.”
e) burning alive
Elie Wiesel, honored with the Nobel Peace Prize in 1986, was interned at Auschwitz from the spring of 1944 until January 1945. In his memoirs of the camp, La Nuit, published in 1958, he never mentions the gas chambers — not once, not with one single word — even though 400,000 Hungarian Jews, among others, are said to have been gassed during his period of internment. (In the German translation, which appeared under the title of “Die Nacht zu begraben, Elischa”, the gas chambers nevertheless make a miraculous appearance, for the simple reason that, whenever the word “crematoire” appears in the original, the translator has mistranslated it as “Gaskammer”). According to Wiesel, the Jews were exterminated in the following manner (26):
“Not far from us blazed flames from a pit, gigantic flames. They were burning something. A lorry drove up to the pit and dumped its load into the pit. They were small children. Babies! Yes, I had seen it, with my own eyes…Children in the flames (is it any wonder, that sleep shuns my eyes since that time?). We went there, too. Somewhat further along, was another, bigger pit, for adults. ‘Father”, I said, ‘ if that is so, I wish to wait no longer. I shall throw myself against the electrified barbed wire fence. That is better than lying around in the flames for hours.”
How little Elie survived lying around in the flames for hours, by some miracle, will be revealed below.
f) steam chambers
In December 1945, at the Nuremberg Trial the following accusation was made regarding the mass killings at Treblinka (27):
“All victims had to strip off their clothes and shoes, which were collected afterwards, whereupon all victims, women and children first, were driven into the death chambers… After being filled to capacity, the chambers were hermetically closed and steam was let in. In a few minutes all was over… From reports received may be assumed that several hundred thousands of Jews have been exterminated in Treblinka.”
g) suffocation by pumping all the air out of the death chambers
This method was described by the Soviet-Jewish writer Vassily Grossman at Treblinka (28).
h) quicklime trains
At Belzec the Jews were killed according to eyewitness Jan Karski as follows (29):
“The floors of the car had been covered with a thick, white powder. It was quicklime. Quicklime is simply unslaked lime or calcium oxide that has been dehydrated. Anyone who has seen cement being mixed knows what occurs when water is poured on lim. The mixture bubbles and steams as the powder combines with the water, generating a large amount of heat. Here the lime served a double purpose in the Nazi economy of brutality. The moist flesh coming in contact with the lime is rapidly dehydrated and burned. The occupants of the cars would be literally burned to death before long, the flesh eaten from their bones. Thus, the Jews would “die in agony””, fulfilling the promise Himmler had issued “in accord with the will of the Fuehrer”, in Warsaw, in 1942. Secondly, the lime would prevent decomposing bodies from spreading disease. It was efficient and inexpensive – a prefectly chosen agent for their purposes.
It took three hours to fill up the entire train by repetitions of this procedure. It was twilight when the forty six (I counted them) cars were packed. From one end to the other, the train, with its quivering cargo of flesh, seemed to throb, vibrate, rock, and jump as if bewitched. There would be a strangely uniform momentary lull and then, again, the train would begin to moan and sob, wail, and how. Inside the camp a few score dead bodies remained and a few in the final throes of death. German policemen walked around at leisure with smoking guns, pumping bullets into anything that by single motion betrayed an excess of vitality. Soon, not a single one was left alive. In the now quiet camp the only sounds were the inhuman screams that were echoes from the moving train. Then these, too, ceased. All that was now left was the stench of excrement and rotting straw and a queer, sickening, acidulous odour which, I thought, may have come from the quantities of blood that had been let, and with which the ground was stained. As I listened to the dwindling outcries from the train, I thought of the destination toward which it was speeding. My informants had minutes described the entire journey. The train would travel about eighty miles and finally come to a halt in an empty, barren field. Then nothing at all would happen. The train would stand stock-still, patiently waiting until death had penetrated into every corner of its interior. This would take from two to four days.”
This Jan Karski was, by the way, appointed to chair a committee for “Scientific Research on the Holocaust” along with Elie Wiesel.i) chambers with submergible, electrified flooring. Stefan Szende, a Doctor of Philosophy, describes the extermination of the Jews at Belzec quite differently (30):”The death factory comprises an area approximately 7 km in diameter… The trains filled with Jews entered a tunnel into the underground rooms of the execution factory… The naked Jews were brought into gigantic halls. Several thousand people at one time could fit into these halls. The halls had no floor. The floor was of metal and was submergible. The floors of these halls, with their thousands of Jews, sank into a basin of water which lay beneath — but only far enough so that the people on the metal plate were not entirely under water. When all the Jews on the metal plate were in the water up to over their hips, electrical current was sent through the water. After a few moments, all the Jews, thousands at once, were dead. Then they raised the metal plate out of the water. On it lay the corpses of the murder victims. Another shock of electrical current was sent through, and the metal plate became a crematory oven, white hot, until all the bodies were burnt to ashes… Each individual train brought three to five thousand, sometimes more, Jews. There were days on which the lines to Belzec supplied twenty or more trains. Modern technology triumphed in the Nazi system. The problem of how to execute millions of people, was solved.”
j) blood poisoning
This method, described on 7 February 1943 in the New York Times (“… gas chambers and blood poisoning stations which were erected in the rural regions…”), appears to have gone into oblivion as soon as it was invented.
According to the Israeli Holocaust specialist Yehuda Bauer, the Rumanians in Odessa murdered 144,000 Soviet Jews, mostly by drowning (31). The same method of extermination was testified to by the underground press agent for the Warsaw ghetto, as well as for Babi Yar (32):
“Not a single Jew remains in Kiev, since the Germans have thrown the entire Jewish population of Kiev into the Dnieper.”
l) Chlorine gas, assembly-line shootings, boiling water, acids
Mass murders with chlorine gas, as well as assembly line shootings were reported for Treblinka (33). Reports of massacres with acids and boiling water round make a complete assortment of killling methods (34).
The exterminationists no longer wish to be reminded of all these stories today. At that time, however, they were considered to be “proven fact” — “proven” by the testimonies of “eyewitnesses” — just like the gas chambers, which have been placed a under legal protection order in several “free democracies”.
The location of the gas chambers
With the steam chambers, acid baths, electrical chambers, submergible platforms, quicklime trains, etc., banished to the Memory Hole and replaced by “gas chambers”, the historians then engaged in a decades-long dispute on the location of those very same “gas chambers”, as follows:
Phase I (from 1946): almost every camp had one or more gas chambers:
In the early years after the war, it was considered to be a “proven fact” that almost every concentration camp had one or more gas chambers for the purpose of exterminating Jews. At the Nuremberg trial, the British chief prosecutor Sir Hartley Shawcross said (35):
“Murder conducted like some mass-production in the gas chambers and the ovens of Auschwitz, Dachau, Treblinka, Buchenwald, Mauthausen, Maidenek and Oranienburg.”
Also at the Nuremberg Trial, a Czech camp doctor at Dachau named Dr. Franz Blaha testified as follows (36):
“The gas chamber was completed in 1944, and I was called by Dr. Rascher to examine the first victims. Of the 8-9 persons, who were in the chamber there were three still alive, and the remainder apeared to be dead. Their eyes were red, and their faces were swollen.”
A similar description of the gas chambers at Buchenwald was given by an unusually trustworthy “eyewitness”, Charles Hauter (37):
“The rapid execution of the extermination required a special type of industrialization. The gas chambers reflected these requirements in the great variety of different facilities. Many of these were cleverly built and supported by pillars of porous material, inside of which the gas formed and then penetrated the walls. Others were simpler in construction, but all looked magnificent. It was easy to see that the architects had taken pleasure in building them; they had taken great pains in planning them, allowing all their aesthetic abilities to come into play. These were the only parts of the camp which were lovingly built.”
The “confessions” of the accused also contributed to reinforcing general belief in the existence of the gas chambers — for example, in the Ravensbruck camp, where camp doctor Percy Treite made the following confession before the court (38):
“I remember that many female Poles were killed by shots in the back of the neck. Because this shooting quite often was inaccurate, and it was therefore feared that living persons would be cremated along with the dead, I took care to devise a decent sort of killing. This was the gas chambers.”
The inconceivable was an everyday occurrence at the horror castle of Hartheim near Linz, where between one and one and a half million people were gassed, at least according to the confession of camp commandant Franz Ziereis (39):
“SS Gruppenfuehrer Gluecks had given the order to declare weak prisoners mentally ill and to kill them with gas at a large installation. Approximately 1 to 1.5 million were killed there. This place is called Hartheim, and is located 10 km from Linz in the direction of Passau.”
Phase II (from August 1960): No gas chambers in the Old Reich
On 19 August 1960, Martin Broszat, at that time a collaborator and later the Director of the Institute for Zeitgeschichte at Munich, said the following in a letter to the editor to der Zeit:
“Neither in Dachau nor in Bergen-Belsen nor in Buchenwald were Jews or other inmates gassed… The mass extermination of Jews through gas began in 1941-42, and took place exclusively in a few places selected and equipped with the help of corresponding technical installations, above all in occupied Polish territory (but nowhere in the Old Reich): in Auschwitz, in Sobibor am Bug, in Treblinka, Chelmno, and Belzec.”
Interestingly, Majdanek is missing from Broszat’s list of camps equipped with gas chambers; the two words “above all” are presumably intended to evade answering the question of whether or not gas chambers ever existed at Mauthausen (Austria) and Struthof-Natzweiler (Alsace). With regards to camps in the “Old Reich” (i.e., the German Reich with the 1937 borders), Broszat established: no gassings occurred there.
Phase III (since 1983): Return of the gas chambers in the West
The existence of the gas chambers of Ravensbrueck, Sachsenhausen, Stutthof, etc. had a blessed resurrection in 1983 in the anthology Nationalsozialistische Massentoetungen durch Giftgas by Kogon/Langbein/Rueckerl (40). No “mass gassings” are ever said to have occurred there, however; just small-scale “test gassings” with a total of a few thousand victims. This was a compromise between the Broszat line and the Holocaust fundamentalists. The authors only spared the buckets of tears when it came to the existence of the gas chambers of Dachau, Bergen-Belsen and Buchenwald.
The gas chambers existed — oh no, they didn’t — oh yes, they did.
The most famous “Nazi gas chamber” is the morgue of the Krema I in the Stammlager of Auschwitz. Millions of tourists have visited this room. Both Jews and Soviet prisoners of war are supposed to have been murdered here with Zyklon B in 1941-42. That there is no documentary proof of this crime, but only a few eyewitness testimonies, is admitted quite unashamedly by Jean-Claude Pressac, the pharmacist and amateur historian hailed by the exterminationists as the “World’s Leading Expert on Auschwitz” (41). The two principal eyewitnesses to the gassings in these Kremas are the first commandant of the camp, Rudolf Hoess (42), and an SS man, Perry Broad (43).
The judgement of the Frankfurt Auschwitz Trial (1963-1965) states as follows (44):
“In the beginning — from October 1941 — smaller individual groups of Jews were gassed… in the little (old) crematorium. Defendant Stark participated in still other gassings of Jewish inmates in May and June 1942. These gassings also took place in the small crematorium.”
In 1968, the French Jewess Olga Wormser-Migot wrote a book on the National Socialist concentration camps (45) which is considered standard today; in it, she states:
“Auschwitz I… which was to remain the model camp and simultaneously the administrative centre — had no gas chamber.”
How easy it is for a Jewish historian, with one single sentence, to wipe out all the “eyewitness testimonies” relating to gassings in this room, as well as the corresponding text of the judgement in the Frankfurt Trial! On 8 January 1979, Hans-Dietrich Genscher, at that time German Minister of Foreign Affairs, wrote the following to a certain Herr Stuparek who had doubted the existence of the gas chambers of Auschwitz (46):
“I, too, know that no gas chambers existed in the Auschwitz camp.”
The gas chambers, Genscher then continued, were located in Birkenau, west of the main camp.
The gas chambers of the main camp nevertheless continue to live on in Holocaust literature. That they give the court historians a few headaches, of course, is quite obvious: the trio Kogon/Langbein/Rueckerl pass over them in a single sentence in their “standard” book on the gas chambers (47).
In 1991, the British historian David Irving was sentenced to a 30,000 DM fine after a trial in Munich for calling the gas chamber in Krema I a “fake”. Notwithstanding the confessions of Olga Wormser/Migots and Foreign Minister Genscher, the Holocaust liars simply could not do without this most famous of all “gas chambers”, because otherwise nobody would believe their stories about the gas chambers at Birkenau.
Anybody who doubts the absolute correctness of the version of the Holocaust which has come down to us today, even in view of the incredible mixture of errors and confusion, and despite the incredibility of the eyewitness reports on gassings at Birkenau and Treblinka, would do best to keep his doubts to himself; since if he lives in “free democratic” Germany, “free democratic” Austria, “free democratic France”, or “free democratic” Switzerland, he is already standing with one foot in jail. The ideal model of conduct in today’s “free democracies” is the three monkeys: see nothing, say nothing, hear nothing.
1) This table was compiled by Robert Faurisson and published in the VHO Niuewsbrief (published by Herbert Verbeke, Antwerp, 7de jaargang, 1996, number 1).
2) Filmed in 1955 by Alain Resnais.
3) Eugene Aroneanu, Camps de concentration, Office francais d’edition, p. 196.
4) ibid, p. 196.
5) According to Kremer’s introduction to Miklos Nyiszli, SS Obersturmfuehrer Dr. Mengele, Les Temps modernes, March 1951, p. 1655.
6) Nuremberg document USSR-O8.
7) Foreword by Claude Lanzmann to Filip Mueller, Trois ans dans une chambre a gaz, Pygmalion/Gerard Watelet, 1980, p. 12.
8) Nuremberg document PS-3868.
9) Vrba’s statement to the Israeli Embassy in London on the occasion of the Eichmann Trial, 16 July, 1961.
10) Pery Broad, KL Auschwitz in den Augen der SS, Verlag des Staatl. Museums Auschwitz, 1973, p. 141.
11) Yehuda Bauer, A History of the Holocaust, New York, Franklin Watts, 1982, p. 215.
12) Lucy Dawidowicz, The War Agains the Jews, Penguin Books, 1990, p. 191.
13) Yehuda Bauer, Auschwitz and the Poles, The Jerusalem Post, 22 September 1989, p. 6.
14) Until 1990, bronze tablets at Auschwitz displayed the number of 4 million victims. They were then called Soviet exaggerations, and were removed.
15) Raul Hilberg, The Destruction of the European Jews, New York, Holmes and Meier, 1985, p. 895.
16) Jean-Claude Pressac, Auschwitz, Technique and Operation of the Gas Chambers, Beate Klarsfeld Foundation, New York, 1989, p. 553.
17) Gerald Reitlinger, Die Endloesung, Colloqium, 1983, p. 524.
18) Jean-Claude Pressac, Les crematoires d’Auschwitz, CNRS, 1993, p. 148.
19) Jean-Claude Pressac, Die Krematorien von Auschwitz, Piper, 1994 (German translation of the book noted in footnote 18), p. 202.
20) Nuremberg trial transcript, IMT VII pp. 656-657 (German text).
21) Simon Wiesenthal in Der neue Weg, Vienna, no. 17/18, 1946.
22) Daily Telegraph, 25 April 1990.
23) Report of the Polish resistance movement dated 1 November 1942. State Museum, Auschwitz, Poland, Oboz pp. 79/80, “Vom Leben im Lager”, quoted according to Enrique Aynat, Estudios sobre el ‘Holocaust'”, Graficas Hurtado, S.I. Maestro Lope, 59 and 65, 46100 Burjassot/Valencia, 1994, pp. 150/151.
24) Report of the Polish resistance movement dated 23 October 1942, Auschwitz State Museum, Poland, Oboz p. 52, sheet 163-A/1, quoted according to Enrique Aynat; see also note 23.
25) Nuremberg trial transcript IMT XVI pp. 579-580 (German text).
26) Elie Wiesel, La Nuit, Editions de Minuit, 1958, p. 57 ff.
27) Nuremberg trial document PS-3311.
28) Wassilij Grossman, Die Hoelle von Treblinka, Verlag fuer fremdsprachige Literatur, Moskau, 1946.
29) Jan Karski, Story of a Secret State, The Riverside Press, Cambridge 1944, quoted according to Robert Faurisson, Reponse a Pierre Vidal-Nacquet, La Vielle Taupe, Paris, 1982, pp. 43-44.
30) Stefan Szende, Der letze Jude aus Polen, Europa Verlag, Zurich-New York, 1945, p. 290 ff.
31) Yehuda Bauer, A History of the Holocaust, see above, p. 200.
32) “Podziemna Obsluga Prasy Pozagettowej”, Archives of the Jewish Historical Institute in Warsaw, Ringelblum-I file, July 18, 1942″, quoted according to Herbert Tiedemann, “Babi Jar. Kritische Fragen und Anmerkungen”, in Ernst Gauss, Grundlagen zur Zeitgeschichte, Grabert, 1994, p. 378.
33) Arnulf Neumaier in Gauss, Grundlagen… p. 358 ff.
34) Robert Faurisson in Gauss, Grundlagen… p. 10.
35) Nuremberg trial transcript IMT XIX p. 483 (German text).
36) Nuremberg trial transcript IMT V p. 198 (German text).
37) Quoted according to Pierre Vidal-Nacquet, Les assassins de la memoire, Editions de la decouverte, 1991, p. 28.
38) Quoted according to Kogon/Langbein/Rueckerl, Nationalsozialistiche Massentoetungen durch Giftgas, Fischer Taschenbuch, 1989, p. 258.
39) Simon Wiesenthal, KZ Mauthausen, Ibis Verlag, 1946, pp. 7/8.
40) Compare note 38.
41) Pressac, op. cit. p. 123.
42) Hoess, p. 159.
43) Pery Broad, Erinnerungen. In the anthology Auschwitz in den Augen der SS, Krajowa Agencja Wydawniczna, Kattowice, 1981, p. 171 ff.
44) Auschwitz-Urteil LG Frankfurt. Az: 50/4 Ks 2/63, pp. 82, 245.
45) Olga Wormser-Migot, Le systeme concentrationnaire nazi, Presses Universitaires de France, Paris, 1968, p. 156.
46) Quoted in Kardinalfragen zur Zeitgeschichte, Stiftung Vrij Historisch Onderzoek (Publisher) p. 1 (appendix).
47) Kogon/Langbein/Rueckerl, p. 194.